2024 CREMONA ACADEMY PROGRAM
JULY 14 – 31, 2024
The 2024 Cremona Academy offers programs for String and Wind instruments, Piano, Voice, and Composition.
Cremona Academy is an exciting intensive dynamic program that greatly enhances participants’ music-making skills, including technique, interpretation, ensemble collaboration, listening, performance, and communication with an audience.
The world-renowned faculty works with students daily in private lessons, chamber music and ensemble coaching.
The Academy Program is carefully designed for aspiring musicians of all ages, including young professionals, college, pre-college, and younger students. The Program offers a combination of the core program and a wide variety of optional classes, including educational and sightseeing tours.
The core program comprises private lessons, masterclasses, chamber music, instrumental and vocal ensemble coaching, orchestral classes, workshops, lectures, seminars, round-table discussions, and public performances. Optional classes and sightseeing tours are open to all students.
- 7 Instrumental/vocal/composition private lessons
- 7 Chamber music/sonata classes
- Piano, winds, strings, and vocal ensemble classes
- Orchestral program (strings/winds)
- Technique, interpretation, and performance workshops
- Sightreading technique workshops
- Lectures, seminars, and round-table group discussions
- Student solo, chamber music, ensemble, and orchestral performances
- Young Performers Concert Series
- Distinguished Faculty Concerts Series
- Work with accompanists (strings/winds/voice)
Optional Classes and Activities
- Composition Class
- Conducting Class
- Competition Preparation Class
- Audition Preparation Class
- Improvisation Class
- Ear Training, Theory, and Musicianship Class
- Collaborative Piano Class
- Introduction to Historical Keyboard Class (hands-on class for pianists)
- Sightseeing and Educational Tours
. . . and this is how it works:
- Students have their private lessons and masterclasses with one or more faculty members.
- Students are expected to perform solo in at least one of the student concerts.
- On chamber music days, all groups and ensembles are assigned two sessions: one coached by a faculty member and another to work by themselves, applying what they have learned.
- All chamber music groups, instrumental and vocal ensembles, and Academy orchestras are featured in special concerts scheduled during the course of study.
Students are expected to practice. Practice rooms for individual practice are available daily.
- Practice rooms are also available for extended chamber music and ensemble rehearsals beyond the assigned time.
In addition to great learning opportunities and intensive work at the Academy, students are offered unique sightseeing and educational tours to experience and appreciate rich Italian culture, history, and traditions.
All students who have successfully completed the Academy program will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
The information presented here was accurate at the time of posting. However, the Academy is a dynamic program and reserves the right to make changes in program offerings, regulations, and procedures.
MEET your personal goals and challenges through solo and chamber music performances
GAIN unique musical experience and tremendous artistic growth
ENJOY dynamic and passionate music making in the medieval setting of Cremona
EXPLORE music, art, history of Italy, and the art of violin making in Cremona, the home of Amati, Stradivari, and Guarneri, and the Capital of Contemporary Violin Making