July 17 – July 18, 2021
Complete Electronic Competition Application Form (forthcoming)
The Competition is open only to singers participating in the 2021 Cremona International Music Academy. While students of the Academy are eligible and welcome to enter the Competition, participation in the Competition is not mandatory.
In order to participate in the Cremona International Vocal Competition candidates must include the following material in their application:
Completed Application Form
Copy of candidate’s passport or birth certificate
Performance resume (no longer than one page)
Preliminary electronic recording (CD/DVD recordings are not accepted) – see Repertoire Requirements below (forthcoming)
Non-refundable application fee of $125
Non-refundable accompaniment fee of $100
The material must be received no later than April 15, 2021.
The Competition is open to students in Senior Category (ages 19 years old and above)
Preliminary Round: Electronic Recording, approx. 15 minutes long (CD/DVD recordings are not accepted). Selected candidates will advance to Rounds One and Two.
Round One, Cremona: First Recital (not to exceed 15 minutes in length)
Round Two, Cremona: Second Recital (not to exceed 15 minutes in length)
- Proposed repertoire for all rounds must be approved by the Competition committee.
- Candidates in the Senior Categories are expected to perform in both Rounds, Rounds One and Two in Cremona, once they have advanced from the Preliminary Round.
- Works from Round One may not be repeated in Round Two
- All works must be performed from memory
- Candidates who have won first prize in previous competitions may NOT compete again in the same age category.
- All rounds of the Competition will be adjudicated by a jury panel.
- The jury has the right to award shared prizes.
- The decision of the jury is final and will not be reviewed.
- All rounds of the Competition, except for the Preliminary Round, are open to the public.
- The Academy reserves the right to cancel the Competition for a category where less than five candidates are selected to advance from the Preliminary Round.
III. REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
Preliminary Round: Electronic recording (CD/DVD recordings are not accepted) presenting 2 works of the candidate’s choice. The recording must not exceed 15 minutes in length.
Round One, Cremona: First recital program of 3 works not to exceed 15 minutes in length, consisting of:
Round Two, Cremona: Second recital program 2, not to exceed 12 minutes in length, consisting of: NOTE WE MUST SUPPLY INFO HERE.
The competition jury consists of renowned international artists and pedagogues. The names of the jury members will be announced upon the candidate’s arrival to Cremona.
- 1st prize – $400, performance at the Winners Concert in Cremona, and Solo Recital in Cremona
- 2nd prize – $300 and performance at the Winners Concert in Cremona
- 3rd prize – $200 and performance at the Winners Concert in Cremona
In addition to monetary prizes, the winners of the 2021 Competition will be awarded special tuition scholarships for participation in the Cremona International Music Academy 2022:
- 1st Prize Winner – 30% Tuition Scholarship
- 2nd Prize Winner – 20% Tuition Scholarship
- 3rd Prize Winner – 10% Tuition Scholarship
First Prize Winner of the 2021 Vocal Competition will be offered a solo performance with the Cremona Festival Orchestra during the 2022 Academy.
2021 Competition Application Form (forthcoming)