2021 CREMONA INTERNATIONAL MUSIC ACADEMY
PANEL DISCUSSIONS/SEMINARS/LECTURES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS (ET US time zone)
- Panel Discussion: “Cremona and Monteverdi – Explore the influence of the City of Violins and Monteverdi on the music we teach and study today!
- Music Interpretation Class: “Performance Decisions: An Analysis of Interpretive Ideas by Great Artists” – In this session, we will compare how great artist interpret a piece. Recordings of two selected pieces performed by a multiple artist will be analyzed and discussed. The panel and students can compare and discuss the different interpretations.
- Beethoven String Quartets: why we all still love them so much and why are they so important for our world-wide global society?
- Is extra musical knowledge useful to play better?
- Round-table discussion: Preparing for a performance and overcoming anxiety
Tips and advice for preparing for a performance goal.
- Recording at Home
Joy Cline Phinney
- Lecture on George Augustus Polgreen Bridgetower (1778-1860)- 1st inspiration/dedicatee for Beethoven’s most difficult Piano and Violin Sonata. I will elaborate on the life/talents of this Afro-European violinist phenom who dazzled Vienna in 1803 where he met Beethoven.
- Class on works/chamber music by select composers of color – Joseph Bologne, Chevalier de Saint Georges (1745-1799), Samuel Coleridge Taylor (1875-1912). Florence Price 1887-1953, William Grant Still (1895-1978) Margaret Bonds (1913-1972), George Walker (1922-2018).
- The Brilliance of Bach
- “Head, Heart, Hands, and More: What it Takes to Make Music”
The class applicable to all about practicing efficiently and interpreting music
- Chamber Music: the way to a true collaboration