Academy Program: July 11 – July 28, 2023
The General Application Period ends on April 15, 2023. Applications received after April 15 will be accepted only for the remaining vacant places. Send your applications before the Application Deadline!
The 2023 Cremona Academy offers programs for String and Wind instruments, Piano, Voice, Composition, and Conducting.
Cremona Academy is an immersive and dynamic 18-day program that greatly enhances participants’ music-making skills, including technique, interpretation, ensemble collaboration, listening, performance, and communication with an audience. The world-renowned faculty work with students daily in private lessons, chamber music and ensemble coaching.
The core program comprises private lessons, masterclasses, chamber music, instrumental and vocal ensemble coaching, orchestral classes, workshops, lectures, seminars, round-table discussions, and public performances. Optional classes are open to all students.
Participants are also offered sightseeing and educational tours with opportunities to visit and meet Cremona’s famous luthiers.
- 8 Instrumental/vocal/composition private lessons
- 8 Chamber music/sonata classes
- Piano, wind, and vocal ensembles and performance seminars
- Orchestral program (strings/winds)
- Vocal and Opera Scenes Program
- Technique and interpretation workshops
- Sightreading technique workshops
- Lectures, seminars, and round-table group discussions
- Student solo, chamber music, ensemble, and orchestral performances
- Distinguished Faculty Concerts Series
- Work with accompanists (strings/winds/voice)
- Composition Class
- Conducting Class
- Competition Preparation Class
- Audition Preparation Class
- Improvisation Class
- Ear Training, Theory, and Musicianship Class
- Collaborative Piano Class
- Introduction to Historical Keyboard Class (hands-on class for pianists)
. . . and this is how it works:
- Students have their private lessons and masterclasses with one or more faculty members.
- Students are expected to perform solo in at least one of the student concerts.
- On chamber music days, all groups and ensembles are assigned two sessions: one coached by a faculty member and another to work by themselves, applying what they have learned.
- All chamber music groups, instrumental and vocal ensembles, and Academy orchestras are featured in special concerts scheduled during the course of study.
- Students are expected to practice. Practice rooms for individual practice are available daily.
- Practice rooms are also available for extended chamber music and ensemble rehearsals beyond the assigned time.
- In addition to great learning opportunities and intensive work at the Academy, students are offered unique sightseeing and educational tours to experience and appreciate rich Italian culture, history, and traditions.
All students who have successfully completed the Academy program will be awarded a Certificate of Completion. A Special Certificate of Honor may also be awarded to the most outstanding students of the Academy, as determined by Faculty members and Directors of the Academy.